Tuesday, February 10, 2009

focus

It's Tuesday again -- my day to have some freedom in my schedule! My day started off with taking my son to school before heading to the office. When I arrived, I had email waiting for me, so I dove in!


I have a lot of student pastor friends who frequently send information about speakers, bands, and other "trade secrets" that they might have. My friend, Steve, from North Carolina sent me an email about a passionate young lady named Abby Tracy.



Abby is 22 years old and is a missionary to Uganda. While she was finishing college she raised $50,000 to build a home in Uganda so that she could get street kids off the street. If you are unaware, 51 percent of the population of Uganda is under 18. It is estimated that there are some 10,000 children living on the street, alone, with no family.




Abby, with no denominational backing or support, started this home and finds the funds to keep it going. She is passionate about saving these kids from the street and sharing the love of Christ with them. Her stories are quite remarkable.




Please take some time right now and visit her blog (http://africa-love.livejournal.com/). Mark it as a favorite and go back often.


Why am I pushing you to do this? This morning, I realized that my focus has been way off. Maybe your focus has been way off too.



May God grant us a renewed vision. May we have His vision for the nations, His vision for people, His vision for the work of the Kingdom.


I'm Nate and this is what I think is essential.

1 comment:

xoxo erika said...

Nate,
We had no idea you had a blog! We'll be excited to visit often. Great post. Can't wait to visit her blog.