Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Life as I know it...

Life as I know it is about to change.

My wife and I are expecting our second child in May of 2010. This child brings with it a variety of emotions, as well as expectations and questions. As far as my emotions go, I'm so excited about having a new little one in the house... I'm nervous for my wife during the pregnancy, labor and delivery... I'm anxious to see how our 3-year-old will respond to having a newborn around... and I'm full of joy when thinking of the promise of this new life!

My expectations with this pregnancy are closer to reality (at least I think so). I expect to have no sleep for a good long while once baby gets here. I expect to be on full-time dad duty with our 3-year-old, while my wife recovers and takes care of a newborn. I expect to have even less one-on-one time with my wife after baby arrives. I expect to fall head-over-heals in love with our second child (just like I am with our first). I expect to learn even more about how amazing my wife is (both as a wife and a mother) with the arrival of baby. I expect that I'll become a better follower of Christ, man, husband and father as God teaches me how to be a father to another child.

My questions are pretty ordinary ones (I think). Questions like: How are we gonna afford another child? How are we gonna afford a vehicle with more space? How long will it be before this baby sleeps through the night? What are we gonna name this one? What will the gender of the baby be? Will the Boston Celtics win the title again this season? Ok, the last one is not really necessary. Of course the Celtics are gonna win the title this season!

So, my life is changing.

I've got to say, I'm glad. Don't get me wrong, I love the life I have now. It's just that I am excited about what God has in store! He is in control! Worrying will do me no good! Whatever comes along, I have the Spirit of God living in me. God has promised that nothing will take me out of His hand, Jesus promises to never leave us or forsake us! So I can face the future with peace of mind and being calm in my spirit.

I'm so glad that God is with us. I'm grateful that God is with me (even though I still don't have it all together).

I'm Nate and this is what I think is essential.

No comments: