Monday, February 8, 2010

The 7/24 Challenge

During the spring of 2009, my pastor, Hosea Bilyeu, challenged the staff at Ridgecrest Baptist Church to begin the 7/24 Challenge. This challenge is to read God's Word and listen to His voice for 24 minutes a day for 7 days every week.

I took the 7/24 Challenge to heart and began back in the spring of 2009. I also introduced it to the student ministry over the summer of 2009. Hosea introduced it to the entire church in the fall of 2009 and it has become part of our church-wide movement of Razing Hell.

I wish I could say that I've never missed a day, but sadly I have.

The reason for this post is to ask you to take the 7/24 Challenge with me! For the next 365 days, I plan to share with you what God is teaching me everyday as I attempt to faithfully spend time reading God's Word and listening to His voice.

2/8/10
Today I read Hebrews 1 & 2. God spoke to me regarding Hebrews 2:1-3a, "Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it. For since the message declared by angels proved to be reliable, and every transgression or disobedience received a just retribution, how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation?"

Lord, help me to pay close attention to what I read in Your Word.

No comments: