Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Friend Brett


I have a friend. Hard to believe I know...but I've known Brett since college. He is probably the funniest and most "fun" person I know. He married Amy, who was my summer camp sweetheart (in the first grade) and they have two beautiful children. He is incredibly talented in many ways including photography, video production, graphic design, playing the drums and preaching the Word! He joined my student ministry staff at First Baptist Raytown in May 2005 and is still doing great things there!

Brett recently had brain surgery (about three weeks ago) to remove a tumor (non cancerous), which resulted in the loss of hearing in one ear, and a loss of balance. Traumatic enough to say the least, but this week Brett was suffering from serious back pain so Amy took him to the hospital where they found a tumor on his back.


So, Brett will have surgery again next week which will take another four weeks (at least) to recover from. Please join me in praying for Brett, Amy and their kids as they are facing another difficult week followed by difficult weeks to come.


Brett's grin...classic! He was up to something! Picture taken at Kari's 30th surpise party!


I'm Nate and this is what I think is essential.

3 comments:

christyzee said...

Definately will keep brett and his family in my thoughts and prayers.
blessings...

Anonymous said...

The man is awesome. We'll pray for him as well. Thanks for posting this bro.

Brian

Susan said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend Brett and his family! I'll definitely say a few extra prayers for him, as well as you....tonight!

Take care, Nate!!!