Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Time with Amarillo



From May 31-June 5, I had the privilege of being the speaker for First Baptist Church of Amarillo's student ministry. We had an incredible week while at Sky Ranch at Cave Springs in Quapaw, OK.


During the week I taught over two different topics. In the four morning sessions, we discussed the beliefs of Christianity compared to four other religions (Judaism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witness, & Islam). In the evening sessions, we discussed the Omniscience of God (in Christ's Supremacy, in His Blessing, in His Love, in the Future). The students did an outstanding job of asking questions, taking instruction, and following the Lord's direction as they responded to His word.



I was blessed (and amazed) by the students, sponsors and staff from FBC Amarillo. I have been to a lot of camps in my lifetime with many different groups of students, but I've never seen a group of students (rbcstudents excluded) have so much fun together while being so attentive to what God was teaching them!


I learned a lot from watching my friend Bradley lead his team of staff and sponsors through the week. I also learned a lot about leading students! Thanks, Bradley (and FBC Amarillo), for letting me be part of your CAMP!


After such a great week, I started thinking about our upcoming CAMP for rbcstudents! I am so excited about our time coming up (July 16-20) at Hannibal-LaGrange College! We are going to have an amazing time!


I am Nate, and this is what I think is essential.

No comments: