Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Summer Rush



The past month has been full of ministry, missions and fun! At the end of May, I had the honor of baptizing Jesus (on my right) and Cristian (on my left), brothers who came to know Christ at our DNOW back in February! They look like they could be my sons...


Then, I started the summer missions rush with Hammer, Nails & More in Park Hills, MO. I took a group of 40 students and sponsors on a 4 day journey of work projects and Vacation Bible School (VBS).


Next, I joined with 18 students and adults to spend a week doing missions in a 1 Mile radius around our church, Ridgecrest Baptist Church. Every evening the students worked with VBS & VBX alongside the rest of Ridgecrest, while working in the community each morning and afternoon. It was a very worthwhile trip!


Another group of 15 went to Camp Barnabas to provide support during Term 3 of the summer camp schedule. These students and adults walked through life with 7-15 year-old campers with special needs. I'm certian that everyone on that trip was dramatically changed by the end of their 8 days.


Since then, I've officiated a wedding in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa; played guitar in a wedding in Kansas City, Missouri; and been crazy busy preparing for rbcstudents CAMP Missions as well as trying to get the MCU (Mobile Church Unit, see previous post) ready to go by August 15th (my self imposed deadline).


Summer has been busy so far, but the next two months look even busier! I can't wait to see what God does!


I'm Nate and this is what I think is essential.

No comments: